Friday, February 25, 2011

Satyr sculpt! More finished than he was before!

 I've been getting my hand into more projects that I'm really excited about, and people involved with those projects are seeing this blog, so that means I've got to update it on a more  regular basis!

That said, here are some pictures of my more finally polished satyr sculpt. In progress shots can be seen in an earlier entry. He is made of sculpey over a copper whire armature that kept breaking because all the clay he's made from got quite heavy. If you are going to sculpt a heavy character like this...reinforce your armature with LOTS of magicsculpt or epoxy, and bulk it out a fair amount with foil. And yes, he is quite naked, but that's just how satyrs are. Clothes don't really agree with them. I hope sensitive blogreaders don't mind.

                                                 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.